It was a strange day today - several things went wrong. I decided to work on 'walk 2' before 'walk 1' partly because some things about it have already not worked out quite right so I have found that I am using it as a test. I used brown paint instead of green, by mistake and the result was not good and even worse, when I was emptying the slip trailer into the jar before cleaning it there must have been a blockage as the slip trailer burst open and the entire contents went everywhere! I then deliberated for ages as to whether or not to continue adding layers to 'walk 1' as I was pleased with the way it was looking after yesterday's work but to stop would mean making an aesthetic choice based purely on appearance rather than process, which is the basis of my aesthetics. I asked myself what I could learn from the day's disasters so far. I decided to continue with my process-led aesthetic as I think it was my confusion that had caused me to loose concentration earlier in the day.
I am interested in things and processes that are often overlooked or spurned as irrelevant. In 2006 I began working an allotment in Derbyshire that became my field for research and working the ground has been important ever since.